GÉANT Responsible Disclosure Policy
At GÉANT, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
What do we expect from you?
Ensure that you do not cause any damage while the detected vulnerability is being investigated. Your investigation must not in any event lead to an interruption of services or lead to any details being made public of either the asset manager or its clients.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encrypt your findings using our PGP KEY: GEANT CERT - PGP Key ID: 0x99833085 / Fingerprint: 3CBF F211 8305 635D 5839 BB27 BA6B F34A 9983 3085
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will aim to respond to your report typically within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise),
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
This policy is based on the standard policy created by Floor Terra